Insider tips for Zurich from Hotel Glärnischhof Zürich
A mix of history, shopping, culinary delights, and entertainment
Guests can obviously enjoy their included breakfast in our hotel! Just two minutes away from the hotel, they can access Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich’s shopping mall. From there, they can take a quiet stroll towards the railway station. On the way, you should buy a souvenir for your beloved ones in one of the popular chocolate shops – and maybe indulge yourself with something, too. Next to the railway station, there is the Swiss National Museum for a discovery tour into the history of the country.
High above the roofs of the city
The Niederdorf district in Zurich’s historic center offers sights, culinary pleasures, and shopping. Here you are thus always absolutely right! My hint: stroll across the lanes and enjoy a typical Swiss lunch at Swiss Chuchi Restaurant. For the perfect view over Zurich, you should imperatively visit the Uetliberg viewing tower, even without having to climb: the Uetliberg railway line can take you, several times per hour, from the inner city on our local mountain. From the terminus, you’ll reach the viewing platform and the Restaurant Uto Kulm after an agreeable short walk through the forest. Enjoy a refreshment on the terrace as well as the magnificent panoramic view, high above the roofs of the city!
Regional gourmet menus and gin from Switzerland
In our in-house fish restaurant Le Poisson, we spoil you with regional gourmet menus. After an atmospheric dinner, you should of course not miss a drink in our Oak Bar where you find, last but not least, the largest selection of gins in Switzerland. Find your new favorite gin! And if you want so, dive deeper into the universe of this juniper beverage at one of our Gin-Tastings. For those still being up for Zurich at night, our concierge will be pleased to organize a theater event at Bernhard Theater, Theater am Hechtplatz, or another cultural highlight.
- Zurich´s Shopping Mall Bahnhofstrasse, Zürich, Switzerland
- Swiss National Museum Swiss National Museum, Museumstrasse, Zürich, Switzerland www.nationalmuseum.ch/en +41 44 218 65 11
- Niederdorf district Niederdorf, Zürich, Switzerland
- Swiss Chuchi Restaurant Swiss Chuchi Restaurant, Rosengasse, Zürich, Switzerland www.hotel-adler.ch/index.php/en/restaurant +41 44 266 96 96
- Uetliberg viewing tower Uetliberg Aussichtsturm, Gratstrasse, Zürich, Switzerland www.zuerich.com/en/visit/attractions/uetliberg
- Restaurant Uto Kulm Restaurant UTO KULM, Uetliberg, Switzerland www.utokulm.ch/en +41 (0)44 457 66 66
- Restaurant Le Poisson Hotel Glaernischhof, Claridenstrasse, Zürich, Switzerland www.hotelglaernischhof.ch/en/gastronomy/le-poisson-restaurant-zurich/